Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who knows what life will throw at you...

20 Years Ago... 1988
I was 2 years old. I'm not sure if my parents were still married then. So probably living with my mom.

10 Years Ago...1998
I was in 7th grade at Providence Middle. My best buds were Leah and Nicole.

5 Years Ago...2003
I was a sophomore in high school. My best friend was Alysa Stillwell. I turned 16 that year so I was very excited to drive.

3 Years Ago...2005
I graduated high school on June 11. On June 14 my car was totaled when I was rear-ended on my way to work. My best friend was Charlotte Cameron, we were inseparable. We were so excited about powder puff that year but we got rained out, and never got to play. Charlotte also had her car accident in Dec 04, she and Chelsey were lucky, the cop said he didn't know how they walked away from it. I also moved in with Charlotte and her mom that July. I started my missionary lessons in late July and was baptized Sept 17 into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was the best decision I had made up to that point in my life. I had to make new friends and change the way I lived, but it was totally worth it. That October I started to talk to my hubby (martin) on myspace. He was at BYU-I at the time, but we talked online for about 2 weeks and then after that we talked on the phone every night for hours. He came home Dec 05 and we officially met in person. :) We hung out a few times.

1 Year Ago...2007
I had many dates with Martin. He is so sweet. April 18 we got engaged. He proposed at Maymont. After we had a picnic in the Japanese Gardens we went to the Italian gardens with all the flowers around and he asked me to marry him. My sister/roommate knew about it for awhile and never told me. Good job keeping a big secret Katie!!! August 11 we were married in the DC Temple. What a beautiful Temple!!! I was the happiest girl alive that day! Also, in July Jirik (martins older brother) was married in the DC Temple. Jirik and Caitlin are living in Utah, while Jirik finishes school.

So far this year...2008
We had our first Valentine's day as a married couple. We laid around the apartment and did nothing. :) haha. I got my first flat tire. We bought our first car together. We found out that Martin got back into BYU-I. Daniel also got into BYU-I. Granny passed away in Feb. Found out early March that my step-dad has heart disease. Heather and Neal got engaged!! They are getting married March 29. Josh and Patrick got their mission calls.

Yesterday
I got to sleep until 7:30 and went tanning. Went to work, man it was a loooong day! We had the missionaries over for dinner last night. It's always nice to have them over.

Today
I got up at 7 for work. Put air in the tire on the car that keeps going soft. Got to work and here I am filling this out. (can't you see how busy I am at work???? I am really ready to move to Idaho so that I can quit this job.)

This year
I will drive across the country to our new home. I will take A LOT of pictures with the new camera we are going to buy. I will enjoy the mountains and all the snow in Idaho. Here in Richmond you never see snow. I will try to go to the Temple more than once a month since it will be so close. Celebrate 1 year of being married. Go to Myrtle Beach in May for my cousins wedding. Go to my sister and brother-in-law's high school graduations.

No comments:

Post a Comment