Friday, April 24, 2009

another post...I'm on the ball today!

So lately I have been thinking about my 72 hour kit. (Martin doesn't have one here in Idaho, we are working on that) We went to the Army surplus store past Idaho Falls last week and I saw a bunch of these little dinner things to put in 72 hour kits, but the dinners in the picture are the ones I had in my kit, and they expire really soon if not as of Jan 1. The water expired in 2004.....yeah, I hadn't really kept up with it. So we are trying to snack on them. They aren't too bad. the Chocolate covered oatmeal cookies...MMM MMM MMM, they are REALLY good.

I have only been a member for 3 1/2 years and you are wondering why my 72 hour kit is expiring right?!?! Well when I joined the church a lady in my ward came over one day and told me a story about how her dad had recently passed away, and she felt an impression from the spirit to give it to me. So, thats the story.

1 comment: