Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Did your grandmother make any special desserts or food that you enjoyed??

Well, its funny that you ask that journal jar!!
I lived with my dad and his parents and his 2 brothers from the time I was probably 3 years old to about 9 years old. My grammy passed away when I was 6 so I had only a few short years with her, but she made some killer sour krout (sp?) with sausage (she called it kielbasa). I loved it!! I also loved how she let me eat my mashed potatoes with ketchup on them and mmm,mmm,mmm my favorite was crab meat with melted butter on it. Now that I have had to revisit those memories, I remember helping my grandmother make dinner/lunch sometimes, but the only food I every remember eating was the stuff I mentioned about. It's funny how you remember certain things from when you were really little.....Ya know!?! I mean that was 15 or 16 YEARS ago!! Wow!
I sure do miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment