Tuesday, July 14, 2009

As I look back to just a few hours ago.. it is really a funny story...

but at the time I was terrified!
We were driving down the street and a cop was behind us, no biggy right?!!? WRONG!
Our left break light/turn signal is out!! YIKES!!
AND I didn't know the speed limit, here in Rexburg it's usually 25 or 35, and on that particular road I thought it was 35.. we get to a round-about.. and THE LIGHTS GO ON!!!!

I was so scared, but I pulled over and thump, thump, thump, he approaches... DANG IT!

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "I think around 35"
Cop: "I clocked you going 41 on the radar."
Me: "Oh" (I mean really what do you say to that?!?!?)
Cop: "I noticed your Virginia plates, are you just visiting or are you living here in rexburg?"
Me: "We live here, I just don't drive around alot"
Cop: "Are you going to school here?"
Me: "Yes"
Cop: "We have a big problem with pedestrians getting hit, I noticed that you stopped for the one back there...(something about grants and cops out all the time??...) "
Me (thinking)*we dont have the money for a ticket*
Cop: "Can I see your license?"
Me: "Sure" (hand it to him...oh man we are getting a ticket!!)
Cop: "Is your car insured"
Me: "Yes" (hand him the insurance card too)
Cop: "Did you know your left tail light is out?"
Me" "Yes, I do." (thinking) *dang it, double wammy, 2 tickets are not going to make me any happier*
Cop: "I am not going to give you a ticket, but make sure you go the speed limit."
Me: "Ok"(PHEW! I got lucky for doing 16 over the speed limit!!)

I was so scared and don't want to drive anymore!!! (give me a break, it was traumatic!! I have never been pulled over before...until now!)


Anywhoo, its a funny story now, but I did not think it was the slightest bit funny at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Getting pulled over is always tramatic. Unless you are so rich and wealthy that tickets and speeding records mean nothing to you. But srsly, nice break!

    ReplyDelete