My thought process was something along the lines of...
*I miss my "home" in Idaho.
*I miss the many friends I had grown so close to.
*I miss the cool breeze.
*I miss the mountains.
*I miss the ward activities.
*I miss the complex cookouts.
*I miss having the windows open all day long.
*I miss having a place to walk outside.
*I miss playing with 20 {or more} kids in my preschool class 3 days a week.
*I miss the fact that "going out" or "getting away from home" meant walking around Wal-mart or spending $1 or so for a pretzel with my hubby.
*I miss seeing Martin throughout the day between classes even if it is only for an hour.
*I miss being around people my age and in the same situation as me.
*I miss being in the Rexburg bubble.
...
Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE being home in Virginia with family {and that is what I really wanted}, but I sure do miss the way my life was for 2 whole years. I think that I am feeling on a very tiny scale what a missionary feels when they come home from their missions. out of place, unorganized, lonely (friendship wise). You might be thinking "oh Trish, get over yourself it's just the pregnancy hormones sending you on an emotional roller coaster. I mean you are going to have a baby in 2 weeks and that is a HUGE life changing experience." BUT, to that I would say.... does it really have anything to do with being pregnant?? How would you feel if you lived your life a certain way for 2 years and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING you know is different? You come to a place where you have family, but no friends the same age or even close to the same situation as you. You sit at a computer all day long trying to bust your butt to get through this one online class and you have very little to no interaction with another human being for hours on end.
Trish! I somewhat understand how you're feeling... Although our neighbor in the apartment next door is my age, I still miss how things were. I've kind of missed how things were before James graduated and got a job 9 months ago. It's so different now, especially since both of us are graduated, and we're in a new phase in life. But, I try to enjoy it, and it's getting better. I hope you're doing okay. I miss seeing you, and hope all goes well when that beautiful baby girl comes! Let me know! I'll keep my chin up, and you try to do the same! :)
ReplyDeleteI miss you. And I miss Rexburg :( I wish we were still in all the same classes and neighbors and having game nights and dinner together. I love you guys!
ReplyDelete